Terms and Conditions Applicable to Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart Plastic and Electronic Gift Cards
About Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Cards:
Loblaws Inc. (“Loblaw”), Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. (“Shoppers Drug Mart”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (together, “Loblaw”) offer plastic and electronic President’s Choice®, Joe Fresh®, Shoppers Drug Mart®, Pharmaprix® and Beauty Boutique™ and Galerie BeautéMC gift cards, or other gift cards as determined by Loblaw from time to time (individually or together called “Gift Cards”) that can be redeemed for the purchase of Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart products and services, as applicable, in participating stores, unless otherwise indicated on the Gift Card or in these Terms and Conditions.
- The terms “you” and “your” refer to the person who purchased the Gift Card and/or the person who uses the Gift Card.
- The purchase and/or use of a Gift Card constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time by Loblaw in its sole discretion.
- Gift Cards cannot be resold.
- Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and are non-refundable, except where required by law.
- Gift Cards are reloadable.
- The available balance on Gift Cards does not expire.
- Gift Cards are not credit or debit cards, but constitute a prepayment on the cost of purchases at participating Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart stores, as applicable.
- There is no cash back for unused balances on Gift Cards, except where required by law.
Purchasing a Gift Card:
- Gift Cards can be purchased online at www.giftofchoice.ca. Plastic Gift Cards can also be purchased at Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart stores.
- Gift Cards must be purchased in Canadian dollars.
- Gift Cards purchased online may be paid for with a valid Mastercard or VISA credit card. Gift Cards purchased in-store may also be paid for by debit or cash. Loblaw reserves the right to change the permitted methods of payment, including without limitation, the credit cards Loblaw is able to accept, at any time.
- All Gift Card sales are final. You cannot cancel an online order once it has been paid for.
- Gift Card purchases will only be shipped to a valid mailing address within Canada.
- If you purchase a plastic Gift Card online, Loblaw will mail it to the indicated recipient within the delivery time frame selected. Shipping and handling fees may apply and are non-refundable.
- Electronic Gift Cards will be emailed to the indicated recipient on the date specified in the online order.
- Loblaw will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver your order as quickly as possible within the time period(s) indicated; however, Loblaw will not be responsible for any delays in delivery which are beyond its control.
- Loblaw reserves the right to hold, suspend, cancel or refuse an order for which fraud, a violation of these Terms and Conditions, or a security risk is suspected. If your order is affected, you will be notified via email.
- Loblaw is not responsible for Gift Cards that are not delivered or not received due to inaccurate delivery information.
- By making an online purchase of a Gift Card, you represent and warrant to Loblaw as follows:
- You are responsible for the accuracy of all information that you provide to Loblaw;
- For electronic Gift Cards to be delivered to any person other than yourself, you have a personal or family relationship with the Gift Card recipient as described in Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”), and you have the full and complete authority and consent of the Gift Card recipient to provide the recipient’s name and email address to Loblaw or its third-party service providers for the purposes of fulfilling an electronic Gift Card order;
- You acknowledge that your name, email address and phone number may be shared with third-party service providers and/or the electronic Gift Card recipient in order for Loblaw or its third-party service providers to fulfill the electronic Gift Card order and you give Loblaw or its third-party service providers the authority and consent to do so;
- You are not breaching any contract, duty or law or infringing anyone’s intellectual property, privacy or other legal rights.
Redeeming a Gift Card:
- Gift Cards have no value until activated.
- Gift Cards cannot be replaced if already redeemed.
- The full stored value of the Gift Card will be applied to the total eligible amount of your in-store purchase. Any unused portion will remain on the Gift Card and can be applied towards future in-store purchases.
- Gift Cards may be void if altered, damaged or defaced.
- President’s Choice® and Joe Fresh® Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Loblaw banner stores. Shoppers Drug Mart®, Pharmaprix®, Beauty Boutique™ and and Galerie BeautéMC Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores. Visit our FAQ for participating stores.
- Gift Cards cannot be redeemed on any Loblaw or Shoppers Drug Mart websites including, without limitation, the PC Express, Joe Fresh and PC Insiders websites.
- Gift Cards cannot be used at any Loblaw in-store third party businesses or where prohibited by law.
- You can use multiple Gift Cards to pay for your in-store purchases. If there is an amount owing once your Gift Cards have been used, you must select another method of payment to complete your transaction.
- For in-store purchases, you will need the Gift Card number and PIN to make a purchase. Both the Gift Card number and PIN can be found on your Gift Cards. The PIN on a plastic Gift Card will be found under a scratch tab on the back of the Gift Card. The PIN on an electronic Gift Card will be located near the Gift Card barcode.
Reloading a Gift Card:
- President’s Choice® and Joe Fresh® Gift Cards are reloadable at a minimum value of $5 and up to a maximum value of $500.
- Shoppers Drug Mart®, Pharmaprix®, Beauty Boutique™ and Galerie BeautéMC Gift Cards are reloadable at a minimum value of $5 and up to a maximum value of $300, unless otherwise approved by Loblaw.
- Gift Cards can be re-loaded in-store or online at www.giftofchoice.ca.
Gift Card Balance Inquiry:
- The Gift Card balance will be printed on your receipt at each use.
- You can also inquire about your Gift Card balance at a Loblaw or Shoppers Drug Mart store customer service desk, as applicable, by calling the number on the back of your Gift Card or by using the balance inquiry tool at www.giftofchoice.ca.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Gift Cards:
- Gift Cards cannot be recovered or replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Cards may be void if altered, damaged or defaced.
- For online purchases, once the order has been shipped and placed with a mail delivery carrier, or in the case of electronic Gift Cards, emailed to the indicated recipient, Loblaw is not responsible for such Gift Cards, including where such Gift Cards are lost, stolen or damaged by any third party handling the Gift Card other than Loblaw.
- If you ordered an electronic Gift Card online and the intended recipient has not received the electronic Gift Card, ask them to check their junk mail or deleted items. If they still have not received it, please contact us by emailing PCGiftCards@loblaw.ca or calling 1-866-443-8225. If the electronic Gift Card has not been redeemed, we can cancel the Gift Card and re-issue the electronic Gift Card. Loblaw is unable to cancel or issue replacement Gift Cards for plastic Gift Cards that have not been received by the intended recipient. If you are unsure about this risk, you should order an electronic Gift Card.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any delivery information, including email delivery addresses, is correct and accurate. Loblaw is unable to correct delivery information after an order has been confirmed. Loblaw is not responsible for Gift Cards that are not delivered or not received due to inaccurate delivery information.
- The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards passes to the purchaser upon electronic transmission of the electronic Gift Card to the recipient or once the plastic Gift Card order has been shipped and placed with a mail delivery carrier. Loblaw is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen Gift Cards. Gift Cards should be safeguarded just like cash. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your Gift Card number or PIN, contact 1-866-443-8225 immediately.
Refunds on Redeemed Gift Cards:
- A receipt is required for returns of in-store purchases made with a Gift Card.
- If you return your in-store purchase that you paid for using a Gift Card, Loblaw will issue you a refund on the same Gift Card or issue you a new Gift Card with the refund amount.
- If you split payment between Gift Cards, the refund is based on what portion of the transaction was billed in each Gift Card.
- If you wish to add a personal message to an online order, you may do so in the appropriate order field. Personal messages are limited in length.
- There is no additional charge to include a personalized message.
- While Loblaw does not, and has no legal obligation to, review every gift message, Loblaw reserves the right to cancel or omit inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages. Loblaw assumes no responsibility or liability arising from any personal message included with an order.
Cancelling or Refusing a Gift Card:
- Loblaw reserves the right to cancel or refuse a Gift Card associated with an unauthorized transaction at any time.
- Gift Cards purchased from sources other than Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart locations or online at www.giftofchoice.ca may not be valid. Loblaw is not responsible for honouring Gift Card balances purchased through unauthorized sellers.
- The laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to the principles of conflict of law, govern these Terms and Conditions and all matters relating to or arising out of the purchase and/or use of the Gift Cards. Any dispute relating in any way to a Gift Card will be adjudicated by the courts of the Province of Ontario and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
- Loblaw reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. You agree to accept any changes as a condition of your maintaining or continuing to use the Gift Cards.
- Use of any Loblaw trademarks or logos in connection with the purchase and/or use of the Gift Cards or for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
- Gift Cards cannot be used in a manner that is indecent or illegal, or negatively impacts Loblaw, its brands, its reputation or goodwill.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification:
LOBLAW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY , WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF: (I) YOUR NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OR FRAUD; (II) ANY BREACH OR DEFAULT BY YOU OF THE OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; (III) LOBLAW’S FAILURE TO CARRY OUT ITS OBLIGATIONS IF THE FAILURE IS CAUSED BY A THIRD PARTY, A SYSTEM OR DATA PROCESSING FAILURE OR ANY OTHER ACT OR OMISSION OUTSIDE OF LOBLAW’S CONTROL; AND (IV) ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY ARISE.
LOBLAW MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO the Gift CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, or non-infringement. if there is any issue with or related to a gift card (including without limitation IF A GIFT CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL), YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND LOBLAW’s SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD.
You shall indemnify and hold harmless Loblaw and its officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors or representatives from and against any and all third party charges, claims, losses, demands, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, causes of action or suits (collectively, “Losses”) incurred or suffered by Loblaw or its officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors or representatives to the extent resulting from: (a) your negligent act or omission, willful misconduct or fraud; and (b) any breach or default (including without limitation breach of a representation or warranty hereunder) by you of the obligations under these Terms and Conditions.